Sunday, May 24, 2015

Updates and a show date announcement!

Wow!! 
So much to update you on. I say 'you' as if someone is actually reading this but I'm pretty sure no one is. That's okay.  It's good for my kids and grand kids to see their mom work hard at something and then watch her be proud of herself for working so hard.  So when they sing that genealogy song in primary about hearing stories of their progenitors, they can really say they have.  And cool stories at that!

So first things first, after 11 weeks going hardcore, I woke up one morning in severe pain.  I had tossed and turned that night, with stomach pain, but I just assumed it was gas so I curled up in a ball hoping it would go away.  Well it didn't. That morning, the pain just grew worse.  It was SO awful, I was on my bedroom floor in a ball, crying like someone had just died.  It was ugly.  My chest felt like I had a really bad burp that needed to come out but it wouldn't, and it got tighter and tighter.  I thought I was having a heart attack.  Then, I remembered seeing my mom in this exact position on the floor, crying, when I was a kid, and it ended up being her appendix. I knew, right then, it was my appendix too.

Six hours later (because Naval medicine, that's why) I finally had an actual doctor confirm that my appendix WAS indeed in really bad condition and leaking poison into my body. Blah. Hearing those words broke my heart. I would need surgery, which equals NO LIFTING, which equals LOSING MY GAINZZZZZ!!! Wahhhh!!! No!!!!

The best part was when the Dr. said, "You'll have four scars on your belly, but don't worry, they won't show unless you'll be wearing a little bikini!"

Oh.  Yay.


Four weeks ya'll.  FOUR WEEEEKSSSS I had to sit on my bum and do NO physical activity except for walking.  It was pure torture.  I also lost all my carbs I had worked up to in my diet plan and went all the way back down to week one's NO training days' diet.  For FOUR weeks.  It was painful.  Physically and mentally.  My recovery was difficult.  I won't lie.  And it's only because I'm a big huge baby and I liked to sit and cry and feel sorry for myself while I watched everyone on Instagram and Facebook and friends of mine and even my Lover work out and make progress.  The diet had days of regret.  For the most part I stayed on it, but there were several days, especially toward the end of the four weeks that I went buck wild.  I had a really hard time feeling normal again as well.  I still had a lot of pain in my abdomen from one of my incisions and come to find out it was because my "dissolve able" stitches decided they didn't want to play nice and dissolve.  SO they were creating an abscess in me, trying to escape!!  I had to go back in and get cut open AGAIN to have them ripped out.  Jerks.   

Starting back up wasn't too rough, but it wasn't smooth sailing either.  Some things just didn't feel right anymore.  It's like I couldn't get my groove back for several weeks.  I also felt like my diet choices toward the end of my four week hiatus might have jacked with my body and I lost some of the leanness I had worked hard for.  

BUT

I'm feeling really good again.  I'm 10 weeks post surgery (so 6 weeks into my new program) and I'm seeing a lot of good progress!  It's always fun to catch a glimpse of some new muskuhls poking out as you walk by the mirror.  Since most women lose weight starting from the top to bottom, my top portion IS pretty lean and I'm able to see a lot more definition up there than I am downstairs in the badonk-a-donk and leggies. 

The guns are growing quite nicely if I do say so myself!


And my back is gettin' super jacked.  Don't judge my biceps, I'm not flexing them.  If I were, they'd be up to my curled fists, I assure you. 


Now, if only my butt and thighs weren't hidden under my bulk, I could see what I've been building under there!  I'm getting excited about the leaning out phase coming this summer!

So NOW, I'm in the process of moving cross country, back to the good 'ole United States of America.  Woot woot!!  Exciting times, but that also makes for some stressful times which also makes for some hard to stick to the diet times.  Honestly, I'm doing pretty good.  Hotel living for 10 days on a strict diet forces you get really creative.  I've got pre-made rice bowls, rice cakes, almond milk, grilled chicken in a big ziploc bag, protein powder, protein chips, and REDBULL. 
The lifting portion is easy peasy to make happen because I LOVE it so much so I never EVER miss a training sesh. 

But cupcakes DID happen.

And this...


Oh mercy.

Just keeping it real with ya'll.  Life happens.

OH OH OH!  The show date!!
Are you ready?!?!

*drumroll*

October 24, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
The NPC Texas Johnnie O. Jackson Classic

Heeeeerrreeee iiiiiiii commmmmmmeeee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great work overcoming all of those obstacles. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete